Thursday, March 7, 2013

Beans for Breakfast

We are really into beans.  In the past I have relied on can beans because it was usually a spur of the moment "I think we will have beans with dinner."  I never really thought far enough in advance to soak dry beans.  Additionally, the perceived cooking time for dry beans made me shy away from them.  But not any more.  I soaked a 3/4 c garbanzo beans, 1 c navy beans, and 2 c black beans - in three separate containers before I went to bed last night.  This morning I pressure cooked them in three, separate batches all before 8 am.  Quick and easy with my pressure cooker.  Now we have a supply of home pressure cooked beans to use for the rest of the week.  Excellent!!  Cheap too!   Tom has been tossing them in to go with his homemade lunch each day.  I added a couple of big scoops of navy beans to my salad today - Yum!  I even caught Tom eating a handful of the garbanzo beans like candy last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment