Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Chicken Hacking

Chicken Hack salad for lunch
I must admit, up until recently I really didn't buy whole chickens much unless I was roasting it whole on a rare occasion.  Too much work to cut it up myself.  Yes, I was lazy and had more disposable income back then.  However here in the next phase of life we are watching our $$ closely and trying new things.  One being to learn how to cut up a chicken.  NO, not a live chicken but a whole grocery store chicken.  Don't laugh -I would guess that I am not the only one my age that isn't a wiz at cutting up a chicken... hum?  There are tons of You Tube videos (here is the one we use Test Kitchen ) and they help but we are still perfecting our chicken hacking....er... technique.  Somehow even with the laptop running and step by step instructions, our cut up chickens look much more like the ones you get while vacationing in a foreign land.  Have you ever noticed that chicken dinners ordered while vacationing abroad NEVER look like the chicken pieces we are used to here in the USA, usually causing one to stop for a quick moment and question if it's really chicken or something else....hum?  Oh well, tastes like chicken!   Anyway, a whole chicken will feed us for 3 meals, the price is right and we can use discarded pieces as crab bait.    

No comments:

Post a Comment