Friday, January 11, 2013

The Great Pressure Cooker Recipe Test 2012 - Soft Hard Boiled Eggs

Eggs are such a wonderful food
Like James Bond and Ian Flemming, we like eggs.  It doesn't really seem to matter how they are fixed, we like them and eat them often.
Egg cups?  Martini shaker tops
 While eggs seem like an easy thing to cook....and they can be, some egg recipes are tricky. 

Ready for cooking
I can make a really mean frittata,  but I find soft and hard boiled eggs tricky.
Yoke wasn't done on this one
Top of white is not done in this one
For this reason, I don't make them much.  When I do, it's for a party - because it's just too much trouble for the two of us.
Success.  Solid egg white on this one
Solid egg white here too but very soft on the inside
However that has changed with this recipe.  Now we will be having soft and hard boiled eggs a lot more frequently.
Perfect
Results, Findings, Thoughts Yum Factor
I wanted to make the perfect soft eggs.  This took two attempts.  The first attempt I follow the directions exactly  - 3 minutes on low and then the quick cool down for 1 minute.  They weren't quite done inside.  So I repeated the experiment adding a minute = 4 minutes on low and then the quick cool down.  This was perfect for a soft egg.  I am really loving how well they turned out the second attempt and how FAST and easy it was.  This recipe definitely goes into the rotation along with cholesterol meds - ha!
Recipe Origin - The Hip Pressure Cooker - Cracked!  Soft, medium, hard "boiled" eggs in the pressure cooker.  

No comments:

Post a Comment